Don Spivak, a resident of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, died on November 23rd, 2021 at the age of 73. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Family Services
- Date of Service:
- Private service
- Interment at:
- Interment will be private, though a public memorial service will be held at a later date
- Shiva Information:
- The family will be sitting shiva on Wednesday, November 24 and Friday, November 26 from 6pm-8pm at Don and Peter's home,
354 S. Cranbrook Cross
Because of many high-risk friends and family, the family is asking that all visitors are fully vaccinated and wear a mask throughout their visit.
See our shiva mapping options
- Charitable contributions:
- In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Walnut Lake Preschool and Developmental Kindergarten, a school dear to Don.
- Family Members:
- Don Spivak died peacefully at home on November 23rd, surrounded by his husband and children. He was the beloved husband of Peter Berg, dear father and father-in-law of Malkah (Broxton) Bird, Lev (Stefanie) Spivak-Birndorf, and Chava (Justin Leone) Spivak-Birndorf, adoring grandfather to Elisheva and Ronen Bird and Quin Jones, and devoted dog parent to Hershel and Dickey. Also cherishing his memory are his loving sister and brother, Elaine (Dick) Sager and Marc (Marlyn) Spivak, as well as his many beloved nieces, nephews, cousins, and dear friends.
Don was a compassionate and dedicated psychiatrist and psychoanalyst for more than 40 years. He was a long time supporter of the Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute and Foundation and co-director of the Walnut Lake Preschool and Developmental Kindergarten in West Bloomfield
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top