In an effort to protect our families from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), outdoor graveside services are recommended, chapel services with restrictions are possible. Please see
Funeral Services as Covid-19 Restrictions Ease which will open in a separate window.
Judy Riva Kaufman, a resident of West Bloomfield, Michigan, died on May 3rd, 2021 at the age of 84. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Graveside Services
- Date of Service:
- Wednesday May 5th, 2021
- Time of Service:
- 10:00 AM
- Interment at:
- Clover Hill Park, 2425 E 14 Mile Rd, Birmingham, MI
- Rabbi Marla Hornsten
- Shiva Information:
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, no formal shiva will be held.
- Charitable contributions:
- The Marcus National Blood Center at
American Friends of Magen David Adom
3175 Commercial Ave. Suite 101
Northbrook, IL 60062
Phone: (866) 632-2763
The Rabbi's Discretionary Fund at
5725 Walnut Lake Rd.
West Bloomfield, Michigan 48323
Phone: (248) 661-5700
- Family Members:
- Judy graduated from Wayne State University majoring in languages and taught Latin, Spanish and English at Lederle Middle School in Southfield. Judy and her late husband, Jack, had traveled to Spain where she looked forward to speaking Spanish and touring the country to bring the history she had studied back to life.
Judy is survived by her cousins, Beverly and Robert Rosenfeld and other family members and friends. She was the devoted daughter of the late Clara and Ruben Alzofon and wife of the late Jack Kaufman.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top