The State of Michigan has lifted all Covid restrictions. We now have indoor Chapel Services at full capacity.
Herbert Hamer, a resident of Sandy Springs, Georgia, formerly of West Bloomfield, Michigan, died on September 14th, 2020 at the age of 93. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Graveside Services
- Date of Service:
- Friday September 18th, 2020
- Time of Service:
- 11:00 AM
- Interment at:
- Beth El Memorial, 28120 6 Mile Rd, Livonia, MI
- Rabbi Jen Lader
- Shiva Information:
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, no formal shiva will be held.
- Charitable contributions:
- The American Heart Association
27777 Franklin Rd. Suite 1150
Southfield, MI 48034
Phone: (248) 827-4214 or 1-800-242-8721
The Alzheimers Association
25200 Telegraph Rd. Suite 100
Southfield, MI 48033
Phone: (248) 351-0280
- Family Members:
- Herbert was a World War II Veteran who played in the band and also acted as a bugler in the Army. He worked as a Electrician for 60+ years, never really retiring. Herb was a Jack of all Trades who took immense pride towards fixing anything broken. As young man, he played the Bass in Jazz bands before committing to an Electrical Trade. He was married to his spouse for just under 60 years. Herb was a dedicated family man who worked multiple jobs along with his normal full time position at Metro Airport to raise 4 children. He gave unselfishly to help children when in need.
Herbert was the beloved husband of the late Eleanor Hamer. Dear father of Steven (Debra) Hamer, Allan (Mindy) Hamer, Rochelle Busker and Marlene Hamer. Loving grandfather of Rebecca (Quenton) Campbell, Melissa Hamer, Jeremy Hamer, Kayla St. Clair, Cailey Busker, Gabrielle Busker, Sarah, Alex and Jaden Hamer. Adoring great-grandfather of Elijah and Delilah. Devoted brother of the late Joseph Hamer, Wallace Hamer, Rose Deierline, Sarah Shur and Annabel McGlaun. Also survived by many loving nieces, nephews, other family members and friends.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top