In an effort to protect our families from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we join with other Jewish funeral homes and follow the directives of health professionals and the Michigan Board of Rabbis. Services will be limited in size and currently are held only at gravesite. However, most services are broadcasted and may be viewed live and are recorded on our website. We will continue to provide professional, dignified and compassionate service. Our highest priority is the health, safety, and comfort of our families. Thank you for your understanding.
Jay Greenspan, a resident of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, died on August 10th, 2020 at the age of 59. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Graveside Services
- Date of Service:
- Wednesday August 12th, 2020
- Time of Service:
- 10:00 AM
- Interment at:
- Machpelah Cemetery, 21701 Woodward Ave, Ferndale, MI
See the cemetery location map
- Rabbi Marla Hornsten
- Shiva Information:
- A virtual Shiva will be held on Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 7:00PM by Zoom session. To join the Wednesday night Shiva please
Meeting ID: 773 3984 5036
To join the Thursday night Shiva please
Meeting ID: 3133969091
- Charitable contributions:
- The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute
4100 John R - VEO1FS
Detroit, MI 48201
- Family Members:
- He is survived by his partner of 15 years, Karen Laub. Daughters, Stefani Greenspan & Carly (Matthew) Monheit. Step Children, Jami, Sydney & Ryan Laub.
Parents, Dolores Greenspan & The late Harold Greenspan. Mother-in-law and Father-in-law, Marilyn & Barry Charlip. Sister, Lori (Steve) Smith and the late Wendy Bundgaard. Brothers-in-law and Sisters-in-law, David & Maureen Charlip & Julie & Larry WInkelman
Also survived by former wife, Jody Greenspan and many loving nieces, nephews, other family members and friends.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top