In an effort to protect our families from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we join with other Jewish funeral homes and follow the directives of health professionals and the Michigan Board of Rabbis. Services will be limited in size and currently are held only at gravesite. However, most services are broadcasted and may be viewed live and are recorded on our website. We will continue to provide professional, dignified and compassionate service. Our highest priority is the health, safety, and comfort of our families. Thank you for your understanding.
Bernard Bocknek, a resident of West Bloomfield, Michigan, died on August 8th, 2020 at the age of 95. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Graveside Services
- Date of Service:
- Monday August 10th, 2020
- Time of Service:
- 1:00 PM
- Interment at:
- Machpelah Cemetery, 21701 Woodward Ave, Ferndale, MI
See the cemetery location map
- Rabbi Jennifer Kaluzny
- Shiva Information:
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, no formal shiva will be held.
- Charitable contributions:
- Hospice of Michigan
43097 Woodward Ave #102
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Phone: (888) 247-5701
- Family Members:
- Beloved husband of the late Madeline Bocknek. Dear father of Craig (Gail) Bocknek, Debbie Hirsch and Sheryl (Randy) Stone. Loving grandfather of Rachel and Hillary Bocknek, Julie (Aaron) Friedman, Andrea Hirsch, Brian (Dayna) Stone and Brad (Rachel) Stone. Adoring great-grandfather of Brooklyn Stone and Alex Friedman. Devoted brother-in-law of Laura (the late Arthur) Cole. Also survived by many other loving family members and friends.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top