In an effort to protect our families from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we join with other Jewish funeral homes and follow the directives of health professionals and the Michigan Board of Rabbis. Services will be limited in size and currently are held only at gravesite. However, most services are broadcasted and may be viewed live and are recorded on our website. We will continue to provide professional, dignified and compassionate service. Our highest priority is the health, safety, and comfort of our families. Thank you for your understanding.
Oscar E. Schwartz, a resident of Manhattan Beach, California, died on August 3rd, 2020 at the age of 61. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Graveside Services
- Date of Service:
- Tuesday August 11th, 2020
- Time of Service:
- 10:00 AM
- Interment at:
- Clover Hill Park, 2425 E 14 Mile Rd, Birmingham, MI
See the cemetery location map
- Rabbi Joseph Krakoff
- Shiva Information:
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, no formal shiva will be held.
- Charitable contributions:
- Michigan Humane Society
30300 Telegraph Rd. Suite 220
Bingham Farms, MI 48025
or to the California Humane Society
or to any charity that benefits addiction
- Family Members:
- Oscar E. Schwartz, 61, from Manhattan Beach, California, passed away August 3, 2020. Oscar grew up in Huntington Woods, Michigan. He leaves behind his children Max, Samantha, and Joey Schwartz, the mother of his children, Leslie Schwartz, brother Seymour (Mary Ann) Schwartz, sisters Ruth (Marty) Seltzer, and Mindi Schwartz, his aunt and uncle Rudy and Roseanne Simons, and many wonderful friends both from Michigan and Manhattan Beach. He was the youngest son of Charles and Shirley Schwartz.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top