In an effort to protect our families from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we join with other Jewish funeral homes and follow the directives of health professionals and the Michigan Board of Rabbis. Services will be limited in size and currently are held only at gravesite. However, most services are broadcasted and may be viewed live and are recorded on our website. We will continue to provide professional, dignified and compassionate service. Our highest priority is the health, safety, and comfort of our families. Thank you for your understanding.
Dr. David Burnstine, a resident of Northridge, California, died on July 8th, 2020 at the age of 91. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- Private Graveside Services
- Date of Service:
- Sunday July 12th, 2020
- Time of Service:
- 2:00 PM
- Interment at:
- Clover Hill Park, 2425 E 14 Mile Rd, Birmingham, MI
See the cemetery location map
- Rabbi Jennifer Kaluzny
- Shiva Information:
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, no formal shiva will be held.
- Charitable contributions:
- The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
6735 Telegraph Rd.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
Phone: (248) 642-4260
or to the Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 E. Canfield Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
A charity of one's choice
- Family Members:
- Beloved husband of the late Elaine Burnstine. Dear father of Steven Burnstine, Robert Burnstine, and Michael (Diana) Burnstine. Loving grandfather of Alexa, Ryan, Jack, Adam, and Zachary Burnstine. Devoted brother of the late Barbara (the late Harold) Nelson and Jeanie (the late Jerry) Kabeck. Dearest brother-in-law of Jerome (Janet) Rosman. Also remembered by many other loving family members and friends.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top