Marshall B. Madison, a resident of Chicago, Illinois, died on December 22nd, 2019 at the age of 89. Funeral services arranged by The Dorfman Chapel.
- Location of Service:
- The Dorfman Chapel- main chapel (map to our Chapel)
- Date of Service:
- Friday December 27th, 2019
- Time of Service:
- 2:00 PM
- Interment at:
- Machpelah Cemetery, 21701 Woodward Ave, Ferndale, MI
See the cemetery location map
- Rabbi Harold Loss
- Shiva Information:
- The family will be sitting, beginning at 7:00PM through Friday evening at the residence of Donna and Glen Gradis,
Religious services will be held at 7:00PM Friday evening.
See our shiva mapping options
- Charitable contributions:
- Alzheimers Association Illinois Chapter
8430 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60631
Attn: Kate Bobbitt
or to a charity of one's choice
- Family Members:
- He was born in Detroit, Michigan and is a graduate of University of Michigan and Wayne State University Law School.
Mr. Madison was active in the greater Detroit Jewish community, and is a Past President of Temple Israel in West Bloomfield and involved in many other organizations in the Detroit Area.
He was general manager for American Tubing for over 25 years and spent 15 years as an Assistant Prosecutor for Kalamazoo County's Family Support Division. He was also very active in the family section of the Michigan Bar Association. He retired in 1998, but never really stopped working. He moved to Chicago, IL where he volunteered his time for Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Shedd Aquarium and The Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Community service was a huge part of his life.
Mr. Madison loved art, music, theater, the Michigan Wolverines, frog legs and corned beef sandwiches - but only from a GOOD deli. Everyone who met Marshall never forgot him. His sense of humor and insightful conversations about the world left an indelible impression on everyone he met.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Harry and Tilly Madison and brother, David Madison.
He is survived by his wife of 35 years, Susan (Feinberg), his children Valerie (Ron) Zabko, Michelle (Jon) Weeldryer, Brian Madison, Bruce Madison, Ami (Craig) Burns and Rebecca Gourwitz, six grandchildren, Michael (Joanna) Zabko, Andy Zabko, George (Kristi) Hovey, Greta (Sam) Jenkins, Justin Burns and Joshua Burns and two great-grandchildren, Blair Jenkins and his namesake, baby Marshall Hovey.
- Email Condolences:
- If you would like you can send a condolence message via email to the family
- Listen to recording of service:
- An audio-only recording of the service is available.
Listen to the audio
- View the broadcast of the service:
- A video recording of the service is available. View the service.
- Yahrzeit Schedule:
- A 10 year Yahrzeit calendar is available.
Also, you can sign-up for an
annual email reminder of the yahrzeit.
Back to top